The Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine at the Hospital for Sick Children is pleased to host the SickKids Pediatric Anesthesia Conference at the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning in Toronto. The conference will begin on Friday, December 1, and conclude on Sunday, December 3, 2023.
Our line-up of international speakers will lead us through compelling topics and discussions. Conference sessions, featuring lectures and interactive panel discussions, will review current issues in pediatric anaesthesia practice, update the clinician on new management strategies, and provide a forum to exchange views on clinical challenges in pediatric anaesthesia. Participants will be able to assess management strategies for routine and complex cases and choose appropriate techniques to apply to their own practices. They will be able to recognize the far-reaching effects of anesthesia and surgery in the pediatric population.
Session topics include:
- Concepts in Pediatric Perioperative Blood Management
- Neonatal and Infant Airway Management Guidelines
- Opioid Pharmacogenetics and Adverse Postoperative Outcomes in Children
- Breaking the Cycle of Failed Clinical Trials in Critical Care – A New Approach!
- Perioperative Genomics, Optimizing Outcomes and Personalizing ERAS Pathways in Children
- European Clinical Trial Networks: After Nectarine and Apricot, What Next?
- Pediatric Perioperative Outcomes in South Africa and Africa
- Update on Autism: From Biological to Clinical Pathways
And many, many more!!!!
Optional hands-on workshops will be offered on the afternoon of Friday, December 1. This year’s workshops include:
- Pediatric Point of Care Ultrasound in diagnosis and management
- Ultrasound Vascular Access
- Regional Anesthesia for the Pediatric Anesthesiologist
- Round Table: Efforts to Ensure Safe Perioperative Care for Children in Lower Resourced Settings
The target audience is pediatric anesthesiologists, anesthesiologists who periodically work with children, anesthesia trainees, anesthesia assistants, and others with an interest in the field.
Please join us in December to hear directly from world renowned specialists in the field and to network and reconnect with friends and fellow anesthesiologists.
To access full agenda, see the speaker line up and to register, please visit: